Friday 12 November 2010

Teacherlang

I met the president of Teacherlang Multimedia Education System just an hour ago and I had a nice conversation with him about the English education in Korea. Well, we didn't go into details listing all the weaknesses and strenghts of ELT in Korea but we only focused on one thing, his business. He tried to explain his product, one solution for Korean English learners to get another chance to be able to use the language. I wasn't there to criticise his work but I was happy that I was there not just a listener but also a commentor, being able to express my thoughts and feelings towards e-learning. First of all, why was I called upon by Mr. Kim? (the CEO). It's because my professor asked a favor from him to help me make my life in Korea a bit much better. Like providing an accommodation first and foremost. However, there were some misunderstandings I supposed. I wasn't really in need of any help at the moment, but I am open for any help in case I'll be needing it in the near future. Who would refuse such a good offer. These days, may Korean English teachers divert their teaching from traditional to modern English teaching such as communicative language teaching or task based language teaching and others. Moreover, many of them, take advantage of the use of technology and maximize what can be maximized for the advancement of their language teaching supplementing e-learning to their curriculum. All of these has only one goal, the ultimate purpose of every professional English teacher - the goal of improving the English language ability and skills of students at it's most effective and most efficient possible way. For further details on Teacherlang log on to http://teacherlang.co.kr/ or just simply click the image above.

No comments: