Sunday 14 November 2010

Manny Pacquiao is a Filipino but Filipinos ain't a Manny Pacquiao

"Manny Pacquiao is a Filipino but Filipinos ain't a Manny Pacquio."

Before you read what I've written here, please take some time reading what I've linked above.
After reading the above article, I've realised that I have the same feeling, the same attitude with the author all along. I remember asking my dad why Manny is that strong, what does he eat to be strong and then my dad replied, "In his region, they eat corn not rice." I wasn't sure if my dad was just joking that time but I was seriously curious when I asked that question. Manny had a perfect trainer and a perfect environment to become a champion. Anybody can be a champion like him if one had the same conditions like he had. And definitely, it's not because of his nationality that made him the best boxer of all time. It's all about hard work and good environment plus perfect timing perhaps. Let's not be proud of somebody just because one has the same blood as ours but because of one's perseverance and hard work.

No comments: