Friday 12 November 2010

KAMALL

It was my first time to attend a conference in Korea and it was a KAMALL Conference ( The Korea Association of Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning). I and my other mates in CAU (Chung Ang University) participated in the e-Poster category. Well, honestly, it wasn't really clear for me what exactly I was supposed to do there although my professor had explained it to me as thorough as she could. Maybe, it was due to the fact that I couldn't get a clear picture of what was really expected from me, from us. Days before the conference, some were telling that I might need to prepare some powerpoint presentation or some sheets to show my project. But, I just relied on what my professor told me, and of course, my professor was always right. I asked Sunny, one research assistant, about what to wear or what to bring for that day but she just told me in a cold voice that her mind is preoccupied by her presentation and that she needed to hang the phone up. Anyway, all is well that ends well. The conference was done. The five of us kept talking to strangers for about 2 to 3 hours.I wasn't in a group, I've done my project solely so I had to talk nonstop. I was expecting that I could explain my project like how I came up with it and what were the processes that went through. But all of the people who came to scrutinize didn't had the time to listen and prefer to hear only the findings, the benefits, the effectiveness of our project which I think I have failed to answer. I wasn't really satisfied with my project and along I really want to somehow find a way to make it better and more useful. That day, after 9 months of not wearing high heels, I hardly walked myself home. Again, all is well...that ends well.

No comments: